Video streaming platform, YouTube, has become one of the main avenues artistes use to share their music with the world.
The main revenue these artistes earn from the platform sometimes correlates to the number of subscribers and views they have.
This is why http://kwesilive.com has put together a list of top 10 Ghanaian artistes with the most subscribers and views on YouTube.
10. Strongman: the former Sarkcess Music signee comes 10th in the list with 119,000 subscribers. The rapper also has a total of 9,444,041 views.
9. Gyakie: the newbie comes in as a shock to many especially as her second major hit song, ‘Forever’ gained prominence this year. The young, talented act also has 9,849,059 views in total.
8. Medikal: AMG Music’s Medikal comes 8th with 184,000 subscribers and 26,012,262 total views. ‘Ayekoo’ which he featured King Promise on is his most popular video on the platform.
7. Joe Mettle: 2017 VGMA Artiste of the Year came 7th with a whooping 189,000 subscribers. The ‘Bo Noo Ni’ hitmaker has so far amassed a total of 44,170,774 total views.
6. Diana Hamilton: the 2021 VGMA Artiste of the Year nominee is the Gospel Act with the most subscribers in Ghana. She has 199,000 subscribers accompanied by 51,723,408 total views.
5. Bisa Kdei: the Highlife kingpin has 215,000 subscribers on YouTube with a total of 76,655,190 views on the platform. ‘Mansa’ is his most popular video with a 16million views.
4. Kofi Kinaata: the Highlife artiste with the most subscribers in the country, Kofi Kinaata, comes 4th with 249,000 subscribers with a whooping 47,411,230 views.
3. Stonebwoy: we now head into the 3Ss with dancehall artiste, Stonebwoy coming third. He has over 504,000 subscribers plus 109,990,971 views. It is however worth noting that Stonebwoy is yet to amass 10 million views or more on a single project.
2. Shatta Wale: self-acclaimed Dancehall King, Shatta Wale, comes in with 691,000 subscribers. He also has a total of 194,852,717 views in total. That’s huge!
- Sarkodie: topping the chart is the most decorated artiste in Ghana and the most decorated rapper in Africa, Sarkodie. ‘Adonai Remix’ featuring Castro is the artiste’s most popular video with 79,577,100 views on YouTube. He also has a total of 715,000 subscribers and 218,545,371 total views in there.