China has banned BBC World News from broadcasting in the country, its television and radio regulator announced on Thursday.
China has criticised the BBC for its reporting on coronavirus and the persecution of ethnic minority Uighurs.
The BBC said it was “disappointed” by the decision.
It follows British media regulator Ofcom revoking state broadcaster China Global Television Network’s (CGTN) licence to broadcast in the UK.
- Burna Boy and Black Sherif 2022’s most streamed artist in Ghana
- Chris Hemsworth to take a break from acting
- Akuffo Addo in Qatar for Ghana’s match against Portugal
- Hajia4reall’s message to fans after her arrest
- Ben Bruce reveals plan to produce Genevieve Nnaji movies
Separately, the broadcaster Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK) said it would stop relaying BBC World Service programming in the region, prompting condemnation from the BBC.