China has banned BBC World News from broadcasting in the country, its television and radio regulator announced on Thursday.
China has criticised the BBC for its reporting on coronavirus and the persecution of ethnic minority Uighurs.
The BBC said it was “disappointed” by the decision.
It follows British media regulator Ofcom revoking state broadcaster China Global Television Network’s (CGTN) licence to broadcast in the UK.
- King Promise Signs Deal With 5k Records and Sony Music UK
- Melinda Gates Now A Billionaire After She Gets Stock Transfer From Bill Gates
- Full Video: Gyakie’s Interview With BBC Africa
- New Song: Kelvynboy – Visa Remix ft Joey B x Kwesi Arthur
- Relationship Corner: 10 Relationship Tips That Couples Often Forget
Separately, the broadcaster Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK) said it would stop relaying BBC World Service programming in the region, prompting condemnation from the BBC.