China has banned BBC World News from broadcasting in the country, its television and radio regulator announced on Thursday.
China has criticised the BBC for its reporting on coronavirus and the persecution of ethnic minority Uighurs.
The BBC said it was “disappointed” by the decision.
It follows British media regulator Ofcom revoking state broadcaster China Global Television Network’s (CGTN) licence to broadcast in the UK.
- Read Read Foundation Embarks On New Project In Nima
- Stream Here: Sarkodie – No Pressure (Full Album)
- Relationship Corner: 7 Strategies on Dealing with Jealousy in Intimate Relationships
- ‘Second Sermon’ By Black Sherif Hits 1 Million Views In 5 Days
- I am the first musician to customize my car in Ghana – Shatta Wale brags
Separately, the broadcaster Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK) said it would stop relaying BBC World Service programming in the region, prompting condemnation from the BBC.