Young civilian named ‘Cote d’Ivoire’ was the hero of the day in the Eastern Region after single-handedly helping to rescue over 17 people who were trapped under a collapsed building in the Eastern Regional town of Akyem Batabi.
Over 60 people were trapped in the building when it collapsed on Tuesday and rescuers have been battling it out to remove all bodies trapped whether dead or alive.
- Alan Kyeremanten resigns from the NPP
- Celebrities join the Justice for Mohbad hashtag
- Rema wins first ever Afrobeats Awards at the MTV VMA’s
- Wendy Shay responding to treatment- Rufftown Records
- Kemini Amanor joins Media General
However, the highlight of the whole operation has been one young civilian by name Kwabena Boahen who has been of immense help to the National Fire Service and Army in their course to rescue and bring out bodies from the building.
He explains how and why he decided to undertake such a task selflessly in this interview with Kofi TV.