Flowking Stone’s ‘BRA’ album has been on the market for about a week or two now and if you are yet to stream or buy the album, then better do so as fast as possible.
As an ardent listener and lover of rap/hiphop, my first duty is to make sure i lay hands on almost every hip hop/rap related project. I must be honest, i have never regretted spending to soak in this project by the Kumerican rap kingpin.
- A Stranger Blackmailed Me With My Past – Dhat Gyal reveals
- Is Black Sherif Still A Virgin? Artiste Tells It All To Delay
- Fake kidnap saga: How Takoradi woman used her own SIM to demand ransom
- New Music: Adina Thembi Visits Her South African Roots With ‘Shoulder’ ft Mr. JazziQ
- WATCH – Rocky Dawuni delves into his Highlife Music Roots in New Video “Woara”
In this article, I present to you 3 reasons why I think you should stream or buy this album.
- Strict rap/hip hop projects are not common in Ghana; to find a Ghanaian artiste who will release a strict hip hop album is as difficult as finding a ring that has been dropped in an ocean. So far, I can count a handful of similar projects in Ghana; ‘For My Brothers’ by Kojo Cue, ‘No Where Cool’ by M.anifest among other few projects. However, Flowking Stone has mustered the courage the bring out such a project with 14 solid hip hop songs and I believe he needs all the support and upliftment.
- Unending punchlines mixed with all elements of rap; according to wikipedia, rapping is a musical form of vocal delivery that incorporates “rhyme, rhythmic speech, and street vernacular”, which is performed or chanted in a variety of ways, usually over a backing beat or musical accompaniment. Therefore, the basic elements of rap must be found in any project that is dubbed ‘Hip Hop’and that is what you find in ‘BRA’. and the good thing? it is in abundance.
- The featured acts; the first song I was strongly looking forward to on the album was ‘Bye Bye’which featured Adina Thembi and oh yes, I was not disappointed. The arrangement of the songs according to who was featured is a special skill altogether and needs some critical thinking to put together. The album starts with ‘Story of my Life’ featuring his mum, son, cousins and FAY and followed by ‘Taking Over’ featuring his brother Kunta Kinte and then to the beautiful Adina. Flowking hence dealt with family issues before introducing the ‘outsiders’.