US President Donald Trump has said he and First Lady Melania Trump have tested positive for coronavirus and are now in quarantine.
The president, aged 74, announced the news in a tweet. “We will get through this together,” he wrote.
It comes after one of Mr Trump’s closest aides tested positive for coronavirus.
Hope Hicks, the 31-year-old adviser to the president, was the closest aide to Mr Trump to test positive so far.
- No Pressure: Sarkodie To Release New Album In July
- Wow! Here’s How Much Ghanaian Artistes Make From YouTube
- Breaking: Akuapem Poloo Jailed 90 days Over Nude Photos With Son
- Football: Ghana’s VAR Project Team Approved By FIFA
- Breaking: Twitter To Establish Presence in Africa With Ghana As Its Headquarters
She travelled with him on Air Force One to a TV debate in Ohio this week.
Late on Thursday, Mr Trump had said he and his wife were going into quarantine after Ms Hicks’s positive test.
He tweeted: “Hope Hicks, who has been working so hard without even taking a small break, has just tested positive for Covid 19. Terrible!
“The First Lady and I are waiting for our test results. In the meantime, we will begin our quarantine process!”
It is not clear how Mr Trump’s positive test will affect arrangements for the second presidential debate, which is scheduled for 15 October in Miami, Florida.
Source: BBC News