Radio Presenter, Nana Romeo Welewele has hit hard at the government of Ghana for permitting celebrities in the country to endorse betting companies.
- US actress Kirstie Alley dies at age 71
- Keke Palmer announces pregnancy on SNL
- Events to look out for this December in Ghana
- Burna Boy and Black Sherif 2022’s most streamed artist in Ghana
- Chris Hemsworth to take a break from acting
A lot of Ghanaian celebrities has in the past years or days signed deals with various betting companies in the country. Kofi Kinaata has been an ambassador for Betway same as former Black Stars captain, Stephen Appiah.
Other notable celebrities such as Yaa Pono, Nikki Samonas among others have also been unveiled and are actively campaigning for these companies on their various channels.
According to the Accra FM presenter, he does not phantom why the Government of Ghana through the Food and Drugs Authority has banned all the celebrities from advertising or endorsing alcoholic beverages but allows the opposite to be done for betting.
He is thus appealing to the government to also prevent these celebrities from doing same.