The Minister for Information, Honorable Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has reiterated that there is no way Election 2020 will be postponed.
In an Instagram live interaction with Ghanaians, the young Minister responding to a question from fan pertaining this issue mentioned that the constitution that does not give the President the right to extend his stay in office for whatever reason.
- Romanus Incomplete returns this December!
- R2Bees releases tracklist for upcoming album, features Wizkid, Gyakie
- Ghana’s Rocky Dawuni earns second Grammy nomination
- Stonebwoy’s ‘Anloga Junction Tour’ to make a stop at 470 capacity Manchester Academy 3
- D Black To Launch Enjoyment Radio On His Birthday in January
He further stated that unless in extreme cases that demands a state of emergency, the governments required to conduct the Election and also provide measures that will keep the entire population safe.
The general lockdown in the countries capital, Accra, and other parts of the country was lifted some weeks ago with strict measures against public gatherings.
This was a first of a series of IG live interaction between the minister and Ghanaians to provide information and also to answer questions from the general public.