The Minister for Information, Honorable Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has reiterated that there is no way Election 2020 will be postponed.
In an Instagram live interaction with Ghanaians, the young Minister responding to a question from fan pertaining this issue mentioned that the constitution that does not give the President the right to extend his stay in office for whatever reason.
- I was imprisoned for 18-months in USA for drug trafficking – Abena Korkor finally admits
- Camidoh’s ‘Sugarcane Remix’ becomes 2nd Ghanaian song to peak number one on Apple Music chart in Nigeria in 2022
- Elon Musk to takeover Twitter in a $44bn deal
- Man Utd Struggles! The pains of United fans
- Maxim Cosmetics donates to 31-year-old ahead of Bilateral Total Hip Replacement surgery
He further stated that unless in extreme cases that demands a state of emergency, the governments required to conduct the Election and also provide measures that will keep the entire population safe.
The general lockdown in the countries capital, Accra, and other parts of the country was lifted some weeks ago with strict measures against public gatherings.
This was a first of a series of IG live interaction between the minister and Ghanaians to provide information and also to answer questions from the general public.