Prince Harry and Meghan will no longer use their HRH titles and will not receive public funds for royal duties, Buckingham Palace has said.
- New Music: Adina Thembi Visits Her South African Roots With ‘Shoulder’ ft Mr. JazziQ
- WATCH – Rocky Dawuni delves into his Highlife Music Roots in New Video “Woara”
- Throwback Thursday: Okyeame Kwame – Woara ft Raquel x Kesse
- New Music: Kyng Louy – Everyday ft Abiolizi (Prod by M16)
- Herbal Tea & White Sofas: How Sarkodie Unwinds Backstage With An Impressive Assortment Of Juices
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex also said they intend to repay £2.4m of taxpayer money for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage, which will remain their UK family home.
The couple will also no longer formally represent The Queen. The new arrangement will come into effect in spring this year.
It comes after the couple earlier this month said they wanted to step back as senior royals.
A statement from the Queen said following “many months of conversations and more recent discussions” she was “pleased that together we have found a constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family”.
“Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family,” the statement continued. “I recognise the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life.
“I want to thank them for all their dedicated work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how Meghan has so quickly become one of the family.
“It is my whole family’s hope that today’s agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life.”