The United States of America has lifted its visa sanctions on Ghana effective Friday, January 17, 2020.
The sanctions was solely placed on Non-immigrant visa processing after the Government of Ghana failed to various warnings to cooperate with the States in the repatriation of deportees.
- Alan Kyeremanten resigns from the NPP
- Celebrities join the Justice for Mohbad hashtag
- Rema wins first ever Afrobeats Awards at the MTV VMA’s
- Wendy Shay responding to treatment- Rufftown Records
- Kemini Amanor joins Media General
In an official statement, the US Embassy in Accra, Ghana mentioned that;
The U.S. has lifted the visa restrictions in Ghana applied under Section 243(d) of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act. As of Friday, January 17, visa processing will return to the normal procedures
Effective Friday, all normal visas including non-immigrant, business and tourist visas will be given the normal validity.