Eugene Marfo known by stage name Kuami Eugene has descended heavily on Ghanaian DJs who cry for lack of appreciation from Ghanaian artistes.
According to the ‘Obiaato’ hitmaker, it was so wrong to demand appreciation from an artiste from your own country before you play their songs.
- Alan Kyeremanten resigns from the NPP
- Celebrities join the Justice for Mohbad hashtag
- Rema wins first ever Afrobeats Awards at the MTV VMA’s
- Wendy Shay responding to treatment- Rufftown Records
- Kemini Amanor joins Media General
In defending his argument, Kuami Eugene quizzed DJs to mention whether they’ve ever gotten a call from Davido, Wizkid, Tiwa Savage and other top international artistes to appreciate them for playing their songs.
He further called on all DJs to play their songs at least because they’re all Ghanaians. He was speaking on Accra FM’s ‘Ayekoo Ayekoo’ show with Nana Romeo.