Jay-Z and Beyoncé‘s 7-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, was awarded the Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award at the 2019 Soul Train Awards on Sunday for her contribution to the tune “Brown Skin Girl.”
- Maxim Cosmetics Ghana wins Cosmetics Brand of the year
- Black Sherif makes YouTube Foundry Class of 2022
- Done Deal: Inaki Williams switches nationality to play for Ghana
- TikTok sensation, Luva de Pedreiro buys first house in Brazil
- ‘The storm is over’! R. Kelly sentenced to 30years in prison for sex trafficking
The song was released in July as part of “The Lion King: The Gift” soundtrack. Blue Ivy’s vocals are also featured at the beginning and end of the track.
Beyoncé, Jay-Z, St. Jhn and other co-writers shared the Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award win with the young girl.
Beyoncé is currently involved in a trademark battle over her daughter’s name. The superstar singer claimed in court documents that her child is “cultural icon,” so this latest honor may help her case.