Jay-Z and Beyoncé‘s 7-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, was awarded the Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award at the 2019 Soul Train Awards on Sunday for her contribution to the tune “Brown Skin Girl.”
- Eze Writes: Stages in a relationship… The stages that every couple should understand…
- NEW SONG : MC Dementor x QholaBeatz – Do Me I Do You
- Update Your Playlist: 10 Kumerican Drill Songs Trending
- Eze Writes: Ladies, What can you offer in your relationship?
- Watch: Flowking Stone Announces Release Date For ‘BRA’ Album
The song was released in July as part of “The Lion King: The Gift” soundtrack. Blue Ivy’s vocals are also featured at the beginning and end of the track.
Beyoncé, Jay-Z, St. Jhn and other co-writers shared the Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award win with the young girl.
Beyoncé is currently involved in a trademark battle over her daughter’s name. The superstar singer claimed in court documents that her child is “cultural icon,” so this latest honor may help her case.