Jay-Z and Beyoncé‘s 7-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, was awarded the Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award at the 2019 Soul Train Awards on Sunday for her contribution to the tune “Brown Skin Girl.”
- Delay has been avoiding an interview with me for 13-years – Nana Aba Anamoah
- Its not just a music video, it’s a movie – checkout Akwaboah’s ‘Ensesa’
- Ghana Has To Legalize Scamming – Kwaw charges government
- New Love! Kanye West Spotted With Cristiano Ronaldo’s Ex-Girlfriend In France
- New Song: Sarkodie – Coachella ft Kwesi Arthur
The song was released in July as part of “The Lion King: The Gift” soundtrack. Blue Ivy’s vocals are also featured at the beginning and end of the track.
Beyoncé, Jay-Z, St. Jhn and other co-writers shared the Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award win with the young girl.
Beyoncé is currently involved in a trademark battle over her daughter’s name. The superstar singer claimed in court documents that her child is “cultural icon,” so this latest honor may help her case.