Jay-Z and Beyoncé‘s 7-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, was awarded the Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award at the 2019 Soul Train Awards on Sunday for her contribution to the tune “Brown Skin Girl.”
- IGP Not Laughing At Shatta Wale’s Expensive Joke – Samini teases colleague
- Police in search for Shatta Wale after claims he has allegedly been shot
- Nutty O features Stonebwoy on “Mustard Seed” Album – LISTEN
- Okyeame Kwame Unleashes a New Love Song – Love Locked Down
- I can never forgive late Prophet T.B Joshua for what he did to me – Actor Jim Iyke
The song was released in July as part of “The Lion King: The Gift” soundtrack. Blue Ivy’s vocals are also featured at the beginning and end of the track.
Beyoncé, Jay-Z, St. Jhn and other co-writers shared the Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award win with the young girl.
Beyoncé is currently involved in a trademark battle over her daughter’s name. The superstar singer claimed in court documents that her child is “cultural icon,” so this latest honor may help her case.