Jay-Z and Beyoncé‘s 7-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, was awarded the Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award at the 2019 Soul Train Awards on Sunday for her contribution to the tune “Brown Skin Girl.”
- Kofi Adjorlolo Recounts Events Of Stigmatization Because of His Roles In Movies
- I Am Going To Sue Kontihene For Saying I Do Drugs – Kwabena Kwabena Threatens
- Preorder link for “Mood Swings” EP by Edem is out – GO GET’EM!!!
- Listen Up: Black Sherif Out With ‘Money’ Remix Featuring AMG Armani & Tulenkey
- Dromobii Drops Maiden EP, GenZ | Here’s How To Get It
The song was released in July as part of “The Lion King: The Gift” soundtrack. Blue Ivy’s vocals are also featured at the beginning and end of the track.
Beyoncé, Jay-Z, St. Jhn and other co-writers shared the Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award win with the young girl.
Beyoncé is currently involved in a trademark battle over her daughter’s name. The superstar singer claimed in court documents that her child is “cultural icon,” so this latest honor may help her case.