Reggae/Dancehall artiste, Rocky Dawuni, has taken to social media to announce the death of his mother.
The singer and songwriter broke the sad news on Wednesday when he posted a photo of his mother on Facebook.
- Beyoncé’s 7-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy, wins songwriting award
- Awal Replies Fameye in a New video
- Gospel Singer Sinach is Now a Mum, Welcomes First Baby Five Years After Marriage
- Kanye West performs free ‘Sunday Service Experience’ concert at Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church
- Girls misbehave today because they lack education – Akumaa Mama Zimbi
According to the post, Asibi Dawuni, the artiste’s mother passed away on Monday, October 28.
He wrote “It’s with a heavy heart, songs of celebration and thanksgiving for my great mother Asibi Dawuni who left us this Monday to join our ancestors. You were always the wind in my sail and now I can fly. Rest In Peace, my beautiful mother.”
ans of the Grammy-nominated singer began flooding his page with condolences.
@Davinder Dhillon wrote, “Rocky Duwani I am so sorry and sad for your loss. I remember that phenomenal meal she made for us. Sending love and hugs your way.”
Dominic Ofori Boadi believed it was not a loss for the singer alone stating “we the people of CMB-Atekyem K’dua have lost a mother. May Allah keep her safe.”
“She must have been very proud of the excellent son which she raised in you, my friend. Blessings for you and your family, @ Rocky Dawuni,” Debbie Kreuser wrote under the Facebook post.