Reggae/Dancehall artiste, Rocky Dawuni, has taken to social media to announce the death of his mother.
The singer and songwriter broke the sad news on Wednesday when he posted a photo of his mother on Facebook.
- Chief One tipped as ‘next to blow’ after Black Sherif — gets major endorsements from Reggie Rockstone, Samini, Gramps Morgan, Giovani Caleb, GH Kwaku, Jerry Justice, and many more!
- The Undaground: Checkout this hot freestyle by Lalid Music
- Video: Frustrated University of Ghana students speak out about accommodation crisis
- #Uninspired: Teephlow hints at retiring after 2022
- Shatta Wale enraged by Rema’s tweet about Ghanaian girls
According to the post, Asibi Dawuni, the artiste’s mother passed away on Monday, October 28.
He wrote “It’s with a heavy heart, songs of celebration and thanksgiving for my great mother Asibi Dawuni who left us this Monday to join our ancestors. You were always the wind in my sail and now I can fly. Rest In Peace, my beautiful mother.”
ans of the Grammy-nominated singer began flooding his page with condolences.
@Davinder Dhillon wrote, “Rocky Duwani I am so sorry and sad for your loss. I remember that phenomenal meal she made for us. Sending love and hugs your way.”
Dominic Ofori Boadi believed it was not a loss for the singer alone stating “we the people of CMB-Atekyem K’dua have lost a mother. May Allah keep her safe.”
“She must have been very proud of the excellent son which she raised in you, my friend. Blessings for you and your family, @ Rocky Dawuni,” Debbie Kreuser wrote under the Facebook post.